Monday, May 12, 2014

Author Spotlight with Maryann Jordan




Author Bio: 
I am an avid reader of romance novels, often joking that I cut my teeth on the old bodice rippers.  I have been reading and reviewing for years.  In 2013, I created the blog, Lost in Romance Books to promote and showcase indie authors.  In 2014, I finally gave in to the characters in my head, screaming for their story to be told.  From these musings, my first novel, Emma’s Home, The Fairfield Series Book 1 was born. 
I am a high school counselor having worked in education for thirty years.  I live in Virginia, having also lived in four states and two foreign countries.  I have been married to a wonderfully patient man for thirty two years and am the mother to two adult daughters.  When writing, my dog or one of my four cats can generally be found in the same room if not on my lap.
Please take time to leave a review of this book (on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble).  Reviews are the lifeline for indie authors.
Feel free to contact me, especially if you enjoyed my book.  I love to hear from readers!
Facebook
Facebook
Email
Email
Blog
http://www.lostinromancebooks.com


Beautiful Emma Dodd has always taken care of everyone. She raised her niece when they were orphaned and she cares for the students that she counsels. Deciding to move to Fairfield where her niece now lives, she was hoping to finally find a place to call home. 

Jake Campbell, was gorgeous enough to catch any woman’s eye, but he had a hard time finding the right one for him. A Fairfield detective, he lives with his mother to help care for her since she was diagnosed with a debilitating disease. 

After meeting Emma, he knows he has met the woman of his dreams. Now he just has to convince the independent Emma that it is time someone took care of her. 

Join Emma and Jake, along with their tight knit group of family and friends as they find love in Fairfield. 

While helping one of her students, Emma becomes suspicious of criminal activity in her new town. Will Jake be able to save Emma in time for them to build a life together? 

**DUE TO ADULT CONTENT AND LANGUAGE, 18+ only, please. 
**NO cliffhanger, HEA, inter-connected stand alone stories in the series**





 Beautiful Laurie Dodd was perfectly happy with her life. Raised by her loving aunt, she was ready to discover life out on her own. A new town, a new teaching job, a new apartment, and new friends. Finding a new man was not on her list, especially not one with the reputation of a player. 
Rob McDonald, a local firefighter, had grown tired of one-night stands, but had no desire to be paired with the new woman in town. Until he met her. One look was all it took and Rob knew that Laurie was the one for him, but he was going to have to work to convince her that he was a changed man. One that was worthy of her. 
A fire at the elementary school brought them together, but illness and deceit threatened to tear them apart. 
Will Rob be able to find the missing pieces of Laurie’s past to help her fight for her future? 
Will Laurie be able to forgive Rob’s deceit in order to have a future with him? 



Questions:
1.     When did you decide to write?
a.     I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember.  I began beta reading and reviewing a year ago, and just decided to write my first novel last December.
2.     How did you come up with the idea of your newest book?
a.     The idea of a blind date going bad kept running through my mind and from those musing, I came up with Emma’s Home, my debut novel.  Emma and Jake meet with friends in a bar, but it goes horribly wrong.  Then it takes a while for them to figure out that they belong together.
3.     What Genre do write?
a.     Contemporary Romance
4.     Would you ever write with another author if asked?
a.     I have never thought of this.  It would have to be an author that has a similar writing style to me and a similar vision for the story.  I think that collaboration could be incredible with the right combination.
5.     Who is your biggest inspiration?
a.     My mother and my daughters.  My mother taught me the importance of being a strong female, a trait that I passed to my daughters.  I am awed by them and inspired by them.  They make me want to be the best I can be.
6.     Who are some of your favorite authors?
a.     For alpha males, it would have to be Kristen Ashley.  For heartfelt stories, it would be Amy Harmon.  I love Mia Sheridan’s work as well.  MaryAnn’s Rivers’ A Story Guy is one of the most original novels I have ever read.  For historical romance, Kathryn LeVeque.
7.     What genre do you like to read?
a.      Both historical and contemporary romance.
8.     What was the last book that you read?
a.     Guarding Hearts, by L.L. Collins
9.     What are you working on?
a.     Emma’s Home (Fairfield Series book 1) was released in March 2014.  Laurie’s Time (Fairfield Series book 2) is being released May 13, 2014  Carol’s Image (Fairfield Series book 3) is being written and will be released in July 2014.
b.     I am introducing a character in Carol’s Image that will then be the start of another series taking place in a city near Fairfield.  I have book 4,5,6 on the idea board.


Fun Questions:
1.     Favorite Animal – cats (I have 4!!), but I have to say that our mutt (stray that we rescued last November is a heart-stealer too!!)
2.     Favorite Color - purple
3.     Favorite Food – anything sweet!!!
4.     Favorite Genre of Music - country
5.     Favorite Season – I love them all, but sitting on my porch swing in the fall with my Kindle is a particular favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment