Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Author Spotlight with A J Walters

Author Spotlight with A J Walters


Author Bio:
A J Walters is a new contemorary romance author who has just made her first appearance on to the indie circuit. Having interests in history, romance and elements of erotica, she has brought all of these together in her debut publication; An Acute Attraction.
Wanting to break the trend of size 12 virgins in books, A J Walters has introduced a new real woman in Isabel Chambers. She’s a size 18-20, working single mother who now feels is it her time to start living her life again. At the ripe young age of 39, A J Walters also wanted to show that you can experience everything that a twenty-something would.
“I saw that a 39 year old isn’t quite at reitrement age for fun, sex and finding love again. There are so many women out there that can be represented in books as well as the slim, innocent and beautiful types. Don’t get me wrong I love reading books with them in, but there is so many of them around now I felt is was time for something different. I’d like to think I brought my sense of humour across in it as well. I am ditsy, I suffer from ‘foot in mouth’ syndrome, but I can also be serious and sentmental. From the feedback I’ve had, apparently it makes for a great writing voice.”
A J Walters currently live in Staffordshire, England with her two children.


Blurb to An Acute Attraction (out now)

Meet... ...Working single mother Isabel Chambers. She's not a size 12 or as you've probably guessed, a virgin either. ...Marc Sanders an attractive, successful Harvard Professor of Medicine visiting Cambridge. He has a secret past that has been well hidden until now. An Acute Attraction is a heart warming, exciting and compelling story of love and romance, full of seductive, sensual and tantalising emotions and images, sexual exploration and passion. Isabel Chambers is an ordinary, working, single mother of two, who needs some "me" time, so, kids sorted, she books herself into a hotel for a week of rest and relaxation. Marc Sanders is an American professor at Harvard University and is in England to present research results to Cambridge University. Two people, out for adventure and excitement, meet and begin a journey of fun, thrills, lust and desire. But, is Marc all he seems to be? What is he hiding?

Questions:
1. When did you decide to write?
AJW- I used to write poetry when I was younger, mainly to help write lyrics as I studied music in school & college. I hadn't written anything since then, until July of last year (2014). Like back in college, my commitments at home aren't as huge as they were in between those times. So I decided to have another dabble.

2. How did you come up with the idea of your newest book?
AJW- My newest book, A Constant Attraction, is the second & last book in The Attraction Series. That book & the 1st, An Acute Attraction, are set in Cambridge, England. It was during the summer holidays last year that I went for my first weekend away without my kids. I am a working, single mother you see & so I took my youngest down to stay with his grandparents for a week. The city of Cambridge & the surrounding area's are spectacular & so it all began from that. The story was more of a fantasy for me & now for many others, from the feedback I have had. Haha!!

3. What Genre do write?
AJW- I write contemporary romance, as both of these books are a melting pot of different genre's. They are mainly romance, but have elements of humour, erotica & mystery in them. I love evry one of those.

4. Would you ever write with another author if asked?
AJW- Oh my gosh! It would be an honour to do that, so Sylvain Reynard if you just happen to be reading this (wink wink). I am actually writing a short story at the moment that is going to be part of an anthology, with a few other authors. So I am enjoying writing that.

5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
AJW- Hmmm!! (thinks). I really honestly don't think I could name just one. My children are first & foremost and actually they do inspire me, with their love, support and wanting in life, for a better future. I also think life as a whole has been inspirational, even the not so good parts, as it makes us the people we are and strive for what we want. Writing wise, if you mean an author, it has to be Sylvain Reynard, Author of The Gabriel's Inferno Series. He offers so much to his readers and is a huge support and charitable man.

6. Who are some of your favorite authors?
AJW- I don't mean to over sell him, but SR is my top bloke. There are so many others though; Michelle Leighton, Daisy Prescott, Cameron Lincoln, Jason Luke, Samantha Young, Cora Cormack,  my list could go on & on!


7. What genre do you like to read?
AJW- I have a particular love for romance, contemporary romance, crime & mystery. If a book has been recommended to me though, if the blurb sounds good & I have the time, I will read almost anything.

8. What was the last book that you read?

AJW- Last book I read was Gabriel's Rapture. I was re-reading it for the fourth time!! Before that though, was Jason Luke's, Interview With a Master. They are both very good.

9. What are you working on?

AJW- I am currently writing the anthology piece, in between promoting my other books, day job & being a mother. Haha!! In June, I shall work on my next solo project. So, I'm looking forward to it.

Fun Questions:

1. Favorite Animal - Meerkat
2. Favorite Color - Purple
3. Favorite Food – Steak (med/rare) & salad
4. Favorite Genre of Music - Pop
5. Favorite Season - Spring















Blurb to A Constant Attraction (Release Date Monday 26th May)

Funny, thrilling, romantic and spellbinding. This sequel to An Acute Attraction, will have you hooked!

When the voluptuous and curvaceous, Isabel Chambers decided to take a child-free week away to Cambridge; never in a million years did she think she would meet the 'God of a man', Marc Chambers, Professor of Medicine.
Having been convinced by her best friend, Jackie Dowling to go for it, it was probably the best thing that could have happened...or was it?

Isabel and Marc have dark pasts, for which both are wanting to overcome. However, the jealous and conniving Dr Emelie Acerbi has different ideas and is determined to spoil what connection, relationship and possible future the two have together.

Can Marc and Isabel continue to share the passion and thrills they have for one another? Or will the demons from their pasts and present get the better of them?

Let A Constant Attraction take you on an emotional journey of compassion, anger, laughter, lust and love..


No comments:

Post a Comment