Friday, April 11, 2014

Author Spotlight with Sandra Shrewsbury



Sandra’s Bio:

Sandra hails from West Virginia, where she lives with her family. She spent ten years working in the nursing profession. She loves to read, no matter what the genre is. However, her favorites are Romance, Supernatural, and Non-Fiction. This love for the written word inspired Sandra to begin her own writing career. Using her own life experiences, Sandra brings Addiction to the surface.


                                           Now Available on Amazon


Questions:
Thank you Sandra for taking time out of your day to answer these questions!

1.    When did you decide to write?  I decided to write about a year ago when a fellow author told me my story needed to be told to the world. I thought she was crazy at first but after writing the first couple of chapters I knew it had to be written.
2.    How did you come up with the idea of your newest book? Well my newest book is up in the air right now, I am working on two different stories and they both will be published I just don't know in which order yet. I am working on part two of Outside the Addiction it will be titled Aftermath of an Addiction and Spirit Riders. 'Aftermath will be based on a child's experiences from dealing with her mother's addiction. Spirit Riders is going to be my first Paranormal YA book. My nieces ride horses all the time and what they do inspired this story. I won't get to much into it right now but I think it is going to blow everyone minds.
3.    What Genre do write? I started writing nonfiction but now I am heading into YA and I am thinking about doing a romance novel.
4.    Would you ever write with another author if asked? It would depend on who it was. I have a few I would love to write with if they ever ask me.
5.    Who is your biggest inspiration? I would have to say grand daughter I see so much strength in her.
6.    Who are some of your favorite authors? Wow I have so many umm if I have to name a few it would be Genevieve Scholl, Bonnie Hartman, Jamie Gibson, Tiffany Carmouche and Sandra Love of course. There are so many passionate writers out there and I wish I could name them all.
7.    What genre do you like to read? I love to read and find new adventurer in all different kinds of genre. I love to read all genre.
8.    What was the last book that you read? Fallen by Lauren Kate
9.    What are you working on? I am working on two new books Aftermath of an Addiction and Spirit Riders . I had to take a break for awhile on my writing so I don't have a release date as of now but I will soon.


Fun Questions:
1.    Favorite Anima: I would have to say a cat
2.    Favorite Color: I love the shades of green
3.    Favorite Food: Seafood
4.    Favorite Genre of Music: I love everything from country to classical


Some Stuff that Sandra is working on:




Here Is a Teaser From Outside The Addiction: A Mother's Story


Links:

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/SandraShrewsbury.Author?ref=hl


Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18000371-outside-of-the-addiction?ac=1

Blog: http://sandrashrewsbury260.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment