Thursday, April 17, 2014

Author Spotlight: Katheryn Kiden



Questions: Thank you Katheryn For Taking time and answering these questions.

Questions:
1.    When did you decide to write? I’m not sure I consciously decided to start. It began as a way to cope with losing my second brother back in 2012 and I just haven’t stopped. I actually have two or three partially finished books that I started before starting Where Words Fail.
2.   How did you come up with the idea of your newest book? Book three in the Save Me series is Hate Me Today. This book follows Jason and Vanessa’s story. Originally, I knew Jason was getting a book, but had no intention of bringing Vanessa past Where Words Fail. It’s just something that happened when I wrote Freeing Tuesday. I loved the explosive chemistry between the two there, so I decided to pursue it. So far, I couldn’t be happier that Vanessa pushed her way through. As for the idea of the book, I don’t usually know what’s going to happen in the book until I write it. That’s completely up to the characters. Believe me, I’ve tried swaying them my way when I don’t like the way something is going, but it doesn’t work. They get what they want and don’t tell me what’s going on until they think I’m ready, even then I’m usually not ready for what they want me to do.
3.   What Genre do write? Smut. Does smut count? No, I think it’s classified as contemporary romance and romantic suspense.
4.   Would you ever write with another author if asked? Absolutely. Actually Cat Mason and I already have. Starting with Freeing Tuesday and Facing Me, our characters jump into each other’s books and cause some ruckus.
5.   Who is your biggest inspiration? My brothers, all four of them. Even if I only had limited years with two of them, they are all huge inspirations for me.
6.   Who are some of your favorite authors? So hard to choose but I’ll try! Tara Sivec, Kendall Grey, Nicole Edwards, Cat Mason, Julie Bailes, Hilary Storm, Harper Sloan, Lola Stark, K. Bromberg, Carmen Jenner, Bella Jewel, Belle Aurora and Ella Frank. Like I said, it’s hard to choose!
7.   What genre do you like to read? I don’t have a lot of time to read anymore, but when I do, it’s usually romance and something one of the amazing ladies from the last question has written. It has to be hot and it has to pull me in quickly.
8.   What was the last book that you read? Passion and Ponies by Tara Sivec. HILARIOUS. If you haven’t read it, you need to get on that.
9.   What are you working on?  I have my next nine books going at once, but the majority of my time is spent on Hate Me Today which I hope to have out mid-June.


Fun Questions:
1.   Favorite Animal- I love horses and my great dane but I came home the other night to a blind baby goat playing in my kitchen so, I might have a new favorite.
2.  Favorite Color- Camouflage, does that count?
3.   Favorite Food- Chicken fettuccini alfredo
4.  Favorite Genre of Music- I listen to everything. My playlists range anywhere from Frank Sinatra to Framing Hanley, but when I’m flipping through the stations on the radio it’s usually country.

5.   Favorite Season- Fall

Links, Blurbs, and Teasers


Where Words Fail


Abby Irons has it all together.She has a life everyone envies. She’s the frontman for the band Thirty Ought Six and co-owns Ironsound Records with her twin brother Alex. A girl with the world at her feet so young must be happy.
Except everything is tainted by a past that won't stop coming up. A present that is falling apart everywhere but onstage, and a future that shes not so sure about.
Deceased parents, a sick brother, a six year old niece with no mother and a band and business to keep going while everything is falling apart.
When her lead guitarist Derek admits himself into rehab for a drug problem will his replacement cause more problems than he fixes?
Jameson Williams lost the love of his life because of an addict father.He won't keep a woman around for more than a night because of it and hasn't had much of a life since he got out of the Marines. His older brother pushes him audition for a temporary guitar position for a major band and make something out of himself. When he gets it he’s more than excited...Until he reaches the tour bus and meets the band.
Will his past bite him and ruin any chance of a future?
Money,fame,love and life are all up in the air. 

Freeing Tuesday



Tuesday Weston has been running from everything and everyone for as long as she can remember. Not letting anyone in for fear of putting them in danger.
How long can you run from your past until the secrets pile up so high the world you've created comes crumbling down?
Evan Williams has a well known reputation. Forget flavor of the week, he prefers flavor of the moment. When he meets a girl that threatens to change his lifestyle, he can’t help but run through as many women as he can to get her out of his head.
Unfortunately for him, that kind of thing never goes as planned.
When Evan forces Tuesday to see what is right in front of her, will she run and hide or stand and fight?


Twitter- @katherynkiden















No comments:

Post a Comment