Monday, April 28, 2014

Author Spotlight H.K. Sterling




Author Bio:
H.K. Sterling is an author with Breathless Press known for stories with imagination, intelligence, a kick, and twist endings. H.K. likes to focus her writing on romantic suspense, science-fiction, shorts, and anything that is spicy and unexpected. Sometimes her books may even go dark. H.K. lives in Virginia with her husband who graciously puts up with her passion for writing. H.K. currently has a Mystery/Thriller out: A Taste For Killing; and two short stories in the Breathless Press Anthology, My Bloody Valentine. Her new book, A Taste For Danger is set for release in June 2014 and Breathless Press also just published H.K.'s short-short titled Eyes Only. H.K.'s books are suitable for 18+.

Catch up with H.K. Sterling on the following media:

Twitter: @HKSterling
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/HK-Sterling/426989014069244?ref=hl
Email: HK.Sterling@aol.com
HK Sterling "Undercover Blog": http://hksterling1.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/HKSterling 


Questions thank you for taking time and answering these!!!
1.    When did you decide to write?
Around age 5 I tried to write a book. I started journaling and writing poetry around age 13. After that I wrote short stories and poetry and journaled with the idea that one day I would publish. I did not start publishing until recently.
2.    How did you come up with the idea of your newest book?
My current release is "Eyes Only", a romantic suspense shortie (think James Bond). It came to me as a whole (which is unusual). It is full of twists and turns and surprises for the reader, which is my favorite thing to write. I wish all my books came to me so easily LOL.
3.    What Genre do you write? I write under two different names, one for literary, poetry, articles and young or new adult books, and the other for romance, erotic romance, science fiction and mystery/suspense.  So I cover many genres. Under my other pen name I also work with another group of writers and we publish an e-magazine called INNOVATE, monthly.
4.    Would you ever write with another author if asked? Yes! I think that would be an awesome experience. I love imagination and trying new things and I especially love the synergy that can come about when multiple creative people come together.
5.    Who is your biggest inspiration? Music and Poetry. They both take you beyond the self and for me are heavy motivators.
6.    Who are some of your favorite authors? Many poets and many science fiction authors. For example: Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, Philip K. Dick, Rimbaud, e.e. cummings, Pablo Neruda, Baudelaire, etc. I could also name musical groups because they are just as influential.
7.    What genre do you like to read? Science Fiction and anything with surprises and twists that excite my imagination.
8.    What was the last book that you read?  The tenth anniversary edition of Neil Gaiman's American Gods.
9.    What are you working on?  Under my other pen name I am working on a sequel to the series I am writing. Under this pen name I have more mystery-romances in line as part of a series with two detectives.


Fun Questions:
1.    Favorite Animal- Black Panther
2.    Favorite Color- Red
3.    Favorite Food- Mexican
4.    Favorite Genre of Music-modern day rock, folk, pop
5.    Favorite Season- Summer!


Blurb
Title: Eyes Only
Author: H.K. Sterling

Short Blurb: In the shadowy world of covert operations, sometimes romance is the name of the game.

Long Blurb: In the shadowy world of covert operations it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad. Is there even room for romance? Sometimes romance fits in only too well. Read along with the twists and turns of "Eyes Only" where trust is a rare commodity and you'll never know which side to root for until the very end.

Excerpt
Title: Eyes Only (Covert Flirt)
Author: H.K. Sterling

"I dunno, maybe I had a wild hair that night or maybe I was going a little bit stir crazy. In any case, I think Charlie sensed it and that’s why he made the suggestion. So this one time, I decided I'd go to the restricted bar. What harm could it do? I'd have a few drinks with Charlie, hear some old Marine stories, and call it a night.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
Isla Aldon was her name. My eyes found her as soon as we stepped in the bar. A crowded bar too. And she was a short thing."




No comments:

Post a Comment